This Front Row Education Site is not intended to target children under the age of 13. However, it is possible that from time to time children below the age of 13 will register at our Site. Therefore, we are providing notices and information required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
We encourage teachers to check with their schools for their specific rules and regulations regarding disclosure of student information.
As we continue to offer different types of content and services, we may modify our practices from time to time. However, we will treat all Personally Identifiable Information we collect in accordance with the privacy notice in effect at the time the information is collected.
I. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
At Front Row Education, we do not collect Personally Identifiable Information unless our visitors voluntarily provide it to us. This information is necessary for enrollment in our programs, for nominations of students for our programs and for program information requests. When visitors come to our website, we automatically collect some non-personally identifiable information such as the type of computer operating system (e.g., Windows 7 or Mac OS) and browser (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer) being used, and the domain name of the Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Verizon).
When a parent or a child registers on our site, we collect the information voluntarily provided at the time of registration. The only information we collect during our child registration process is a first and last name, email address, the child’s interest, the identity of the registrant as a parent, teacher or child, a phone number and the child’s grade in school.
II. HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use website visitors’ Personally Identifiable Information in order to respond to visitors’ requests for information. We also use the Information for various internal purposes such as enabling enrollment in our programs, sending program information to registrants via regular or electronic mail, and communicating with you for the purpose of sending important program notifications or updates. We may also use your information to send you emails about other programs, promotions or services (or those of our affiliates) that we think might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such ongoing communication from Front Row Education, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will comply promptly with your request.
III. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- When Information May Be Shared. We may share a child’s Personally Identifiable Information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to: protect the security and Integrity of Front Row Education Site; to take precautions against liability; to respond to judicial process; or to the extent permitted under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety. Front Row Education has no ability or authority to control the policies of third parties. However, prior to providing any Personally Identifiable Information of a child who registers on an Front Row Education Site, we receive representations from third parties that their privacy policies comply with COPPA. We may request updated representation from time to time.
- Special Offers. We only share your information with third parties in limited circumstances. Except as provided below with respect to Third-Party Service Providers, Front Row Education will never rent, sell or share names of persons who register for our programs or those who are nominated for programs, nor will we sell or share names of minors. Front Row Education may share parents’ Personally Identifiable Information, non-personally identifiable information (i.e., aggregate, anonymous) and/or household information with reputable companies that offer products or services which we think may be of interest to you. To decline such special offers, email us at email@example.com. Front Row Education will also disclose information of both parents and children as required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We also employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally identifiable information which has been submitted by parents or children for enrollment purposes. In addition, we may share such information with our affiliates, trusted technology partners and third-party vendors who generate educational program content, create nomination and enrollment materials, provide customer service or billing services, consult with parents and teachers, and supervise online forums, message boards, social networks and blogs. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of Personally Identifiable Information in full compliance with COPPA. They have access to Personally Identifiable Information which is needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Notice. Except for those circumstances described above in this Section III, you will receive notice when Personally Identifiable Information about you or your child might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose to withhold the information.
- To safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect online, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures.
- We are particularly sensitive to visitors’ security concerns regarding the use of credit cards to purchase products over the Internet. We use a technology that automatically encrypts credit card data while information is being transmitted over the Internet, provided that the visitor’s browser supports the Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL).
- To verify the security of your connection, check the lower right corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken or a closed lock, then SSL is active and the server is secure. You may also check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the site address will change from http:// to https://.
VI. REVIEW OF INFORMATION
- Please contact us if you would like to do any of the following:
- Access Personally Identifiable Information that our site has collected from you or, in the case of a parent or guardian, information collected from your child.
- Correct factual errors in such information,
- Request to have Personally Identifiable Information from you or your child deleted, or
- Request that we no longer collect or maintain such information.
- Please be sure to include your email address and a telephone number where we can reach you. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the Personally Identifiable Information which we have collected.
VII. CONTACT US
Front Row Education
117 South Church Street
Mountain City, TN 37683
Any personal information that you provide in communications to the above e-mail and/or mail addresses will never be used to send you promotional materials, unless you request such materials.